Thursday, April 22, 2010

Expectations for Kingmaker Kick-off

As we approach our first real session, I thought I'd clarify what's expected for the May 2 prologues - I've been getting a few questions so chances are others have them.
  • You should have an introductory scene prepared (at least in mind) that will introduce your character to the party. It need not be action-packed (not all characters are so), but it should be evocative of who you're playing in the story.
  • Since I will likely be the primary person helping you run your scene, please fill me in on how you would like it to play out so that I can help you get to where you want to go. If I have to guess, you could get disappointed, and that's no fun.
  • If you want to include others in your scene (for example you want to introduce your relationship with another party member), best get that character's player involved too for similar reasons.
  • By the end of your scene(s?) you should have a charter (in hand or by association) from the Lord Mayor of Restov (sanctioned by Lord Regent Noleski Surtova himself!) to strike out and tame the Stolen Lands. To the south!
This session will be pretty free-form - the main goal is to set the tone for some good narrative. Once the ball gets rolling we'll be dialing down the role-play and dialing up the roll-play. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment